”Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure. For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter, though a man’s misery weighs heavily upon him.” Ecclesiastes 8:5-6 (NIV)
There is pain present in taking time off and in waiting. Sorrow continues to creep in, along with bits of fear and anxiety on the side. You are left with the dull ache of yearning when you think of words to say or want to answer a call or reply, but knowing you just can’t do it now. Not now. What I learned is acting on impulse and saying too much will damage, if not destroy whatever you have. Patience is a challenge provided by God Himself, to remind us that HIS time is the RIGHT time, no matter how much the heart protests.
To whoever is reading this, if you feel that weight on your shoulders, God bless you. There is a reason why you are angry, troubled, sad, in pain. God will whisper to your heart the right time, the right place, words, actions… The Perfect Plan. The amount of emotion you felt these past days or weeks? Leave it to God. Because when His time comes, the poor, the broken, the weak, will be healed at the touch of His hand.
- Damon: I know, believe me, I get it. Brother's girl and all.
- Me: WHAT THE HELL DAMON YOU'RE LEAVING IT THERE
- Me: COME ON TURN AROUND TURN AROUND RIGHT NOW PLEASE
- Damon: No, you know what?
- Me: OH MY GOD WHAT
- Elena: ...
- Damon: If I'm gonna feel guilty about something, I'm going to feel guilty for this.
- Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HOLY SHIT YES
- Me: YES DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR THIS
- Me: DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG
- Me: I DON'T THINK YOU DO
- Damon: Goodnight.
- Me: DAMN RIGHT IT'S A GOOD NIGHT